April 6, 2015

Week of 03/29/15 - Python Part 25: Implementation, Among Other Things

    I started out the week by beginning the integration of the new checking function into my code. First, what I needed to do was remove the original checking function, which I did swiftly. Then, I had to set the flag number to be equal to the output of the flag checker function, and then I had to write an if statement for when it equals 1 or if it was more than one. Then, I had to write the congratulations function, for both the string and the ASCII art from the text file. Then, I began to play the game to test if it worked. It worked, in a sense. When I would get multiple rows, the game would print out the congratulations ASCII art, and with singles, it would work correctly, except the bottom-left to top-right diagonal still isn't recognized. When I put in some debugging code, when I add together the row and the column, it returns 0, even though it should return 2. This problem has been going on for a pretty long time. I will fix it next week.

No comments: